Celebrate National Poetry Month with Gourmet Caramel Apples
Hoffman’s Chocolates is pleased to announce that it will be celebrating National Poetry Month in April by teaming up with the Jason Taylor Foundation to support the young poets of the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network.
Hoffman’s Chocolates will donate 10% of all of its Gourmet Caramel Apple sales during the month of April to the Jason Taylor Foundation. The Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network is an after-school spoken word poetry program serving students in South Florida Public Schools through the Jason Taylor Foundation.
“We are excited to once again partner with the Jason Taylor Foundation and celebrate National Poetry Month,” said Randall Vitale, President of Hoffman’s Chocolates. “We truly believe in the greatness of this program and have witnessed the importance poetry has in the growth and development of children.”
The caramel apples are available in the chocolatier’s eight retail locations in Palm Beach and Broward County. The prices of the caramel apples range from $6.75-$9.75, with a variety of flavors to choose from.
The Jason Taylor Foundation’s mission is to support and create programs that facilitate the personal growth and empowerment of South Florida’s children in need by focusing on improved health care, education and quality of life. In addition to setting up the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network, the Jason Taylor Foundation has also created the “Louder Than A Bomb Florida” competition. Dubbed the “Super Bowl of Poetry,” Louder Than a Bomb Florida features a friendly spoken-word competition between school-based poetry teams representing local high schools from Broward County, Miami-Dade and beyond.
Hoffman’s Chocolates will celebrate family fun by featuring magic shows and face painting at its stores in Greenacres on Saturday, August 5, and Palm Beach Gardens on Sunday, August 6. Master Magician Gary from Midnight Magic Entertainment will perform two 45-minute magic shows at each location (1 p.m. and 3 p.m.). Guests can also have their faces painted with creative designs and glitter by the face painters that will be onsite throughout the event.
WHEN & WHERE:
August 5, 2017:
Hoffman’s Chocolates – Greenacres: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Magic Shows: 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. (45 minutes each)
Face painting: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
August 6, 2017
Hoffman’s Chocolates – Palm Beach Gardens: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Magic Shows: 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. (45 minutes each)
Face Painting: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public and will be held indoors at both stores.
The series brings favorite stories from beloved children’s literature to life on stage and each performance includes free pre-show art activities and a complimentary sweet treat from Hoffman’s Chocolates after the curtain comes down.
“We support the Broward Center’s commitment to provide engaged learning in and through the arts,” said Lois Marino, Director of Community Engagement. “These performances, based on stories young audiences already know and love, introduce young audiences to the arts while strengthening reading skills.”
The 2017–18 Family Fun Series presented by Hoffman’s Chocolates in the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center features Fancy Nancy (October 7), The Cat in the Hat (January 14), Nugget & Fang (February 10) and Are You My Mother? (April 22).
At the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center, the series presents Click Clack Moo! (October 15), Charlotte’s Web (January 13), Go, Dog, Go! (February 4) and The Rainbow Fish (May 6).
For more information visit BrowardCenter.org, AventuraCenter.org, or Ticketmaster.com.
AutoNation, Bank of America, Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau, LATAM AIRLINES, MasterCard, Paramount Refreshment Solutions and Sun Sentinel are proud sponsors of the Broward Center.
All dates, programs and artists are subject to change.
First 50 Dads to Visit Hoffman’s Chocolates on Father’s Day receive a Free Chocolate Cigar
Celebrate Dad with a visit to Hoffman’s Chocolates this Father’s Day! On Sunday, June 18th the first 50 Dads to come into any of Hoffman’s Chocolates South Florida stores will receive a free chocolate cigar. In addition, Hoffman’s Chocolates will feature BOGO ice cream all day.
On May 5th and May 6th, Hoffman’s Chocolates will celebrate Cinco de Mayo by offering special Ice Cream Tacos at its Plantation location in the Fountains Shopping Center. The Ice Cream Tacos are served in a waffle cone shell filled with two heaping scoops of ice cream and are topped off with the guests’ choice of unlimited toppings ($6.95).
Hoffman’s Chocolates has also joined forces with LIME Fresh Mexican Grill Cinco de Mayo celebrations being held on Friday, May 5th from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday, May 6th from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. At the event, Hoffman’s Chocolates will have a tent outside its store filled with activities like giant jenga and cornhole. Plus, the Hoffman’s Chocolate Wheel will also be there and can be spun to redeem prizes. Captain Hoffman might even make an appearance!
HOFFMAN’S CHOCOLATES, LIME FRESH MEXICAN GRILL AND THE FOUNTAINS PRESENT THE “#LTABFLA FOOD FOR THOUGHT” BLOCK PARTY TO BENEFIT THE JASON TAYLOR FOUNDATION, SUNDAY APRIL 2nd
WHAT: The Louder Than A Bomb Florida (#LTABFLA) Food For Thought Block Party Presented by Hoffman’s Chocolates, LIME Fresh Mexican Grill and The Fountains.
- The Food for Thought Block Party, an afternoon of live entertainment will include the Jason Taylor Foundation’s Louder than a Bomb Florida (LTABFLA) “Coaches Slam” poetry competition and will take place in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill at The Fountains Shopping Center in Plantation, Florida.
- The “Coaches Slam” is a poetry competition among middle and high school teachers from South Florida.
- The Block Party, will also showcase performances by up-and-coming artists, a live band and DJ, poetry from top South Florida high school students, dance performances, and interactive games for the entire family.
- The event is a part of LTABFLA’s 13-day festival, which takes place from March 27 – April 8 and features poetry bouts, workshops and exhibits that ultimately crowns Florida’s top youth poetry team.
- Throughout the entire month of April, Hoffman’s Chocolates will donate a portion of its Gourmet Caramel Apple sales to the Jason Taylor Foundation to support the young poets of the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network. LIME Fresh Mexican Grill will also make a monetary donation.
- A silent auction will also be held to benefit the Jason Taylor Foundation.
- LTABFLA (Louder than a Bomb Florida) is a Jason Taylor Foundation arts and education project that is part of the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network and features a friendly spoken-word competition between school-based poetry teams across the state.
- The Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network, is an after-school spoken word poetry program serving students in South Florida public schools through the Jason Taylor Foundation.
WHEN: Sunday, April 2nd 12 noon – 4 pm
WHERE: The Fountains (in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill)
801 S University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
DETAILS: The Food For Thought Block Party is free and open to the public.
Donate a Prom Dress at the Event to Benefit Becca’s Closet and Receive a FREE Taco from LIME and Scoop of Ice Cream from Hoffman’s Chocolates
WHAT: Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill, located at The Fountains in Plantation, team up to host an Easter-themed celebration.
- The fun-filled day of family-friendly activities will take place in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill at The Fountains shopping center in Plantation.
- Kids will have the opportunity to take photos with the Easter Bunny, and then the first 500 children will receive an Easter egg from the Easter Bunny.
- The eggs, available on a first-come, first-serve basis, will be filled with goodies and a voucher to redeem a plush toy from Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME.
- Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME will also be collecting prom dresses in support of Becca’s Closet, a non-profit organization that collects and distributes dresses to high school girls with financial need. Anyone who donates a new or gently-used prom dress will receive a voucher from LIME to redeem a free taco and a voucher from Hoffman’s Chocolates to redeem a free scoop of ice cream.
- Hoffman’s Chocolates will be stocked with Easter favorites such as scrumptious Dipped & Decorated Chocolate-Covered Oreos, Chocolate Easter Bunnies (available in different sizes), Gourmet Caramel Apples, foiled chocolate Easter eggs and other holiday treats.
- Before filling up on sweets, guests can stop at LIME to enjoy flavorful items like tacos, burritos, bowls and more.
WHEN: Saturday, April 1st 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
WHERE: The Fountains (in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill) 801 S University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
DETAILS: The event is free and open to the public.
HOFFMAN’S CHOCOLATES TO CELEBRATE DR. SEUSS’ BIRTHDAY ON MARCH 2nd WITH CHILDREN’S BOOK DRIVE BENEFITTING JACK & JILL CHILDREN’S CENTER
Hoffman’s Chocolates is excited to announce that it will celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday with a children’s book drive on Thursday, March 2, which is also National Read Across America Day. In honor of Dr. Seuss, Hoffman’s Chocolates will give a free small ice cream cup or cone to anyone who donates a new or gently used children’s book at any one of its Palm Beach or Broward County locations.* As an added bonus, anyone who donates a Dr. Seuss book will also receive a free topping . All collected books will be donated to Jack & Jill Children’s Center of Fort Lauderdale.
“Hoffman’s Chocolates is excited to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday with the community and to promote the importance of reading,” said Lois Marino, Director of Marketing for Hoffman’s Chocolates. “We look forward to contributing the books that our customers graciously donate to Jack & Jill Children’s Center of Fort Lauderdale which helps working families in our community.”
The National Education Association’s (NEA) National Read Across America is an annual reading motivation and awareness program that calls for every child in every community to celebrate reading on March 2nd, the birthday of beloved children’s author Dr. Seuss. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, and community centers participate by bringing together kids, teens, and books to celebrate reading with young people.
In continued support of the National Read Across America initiative, Hoffman’s Chocolates store managers will visit local schools in both Broward and Palm Beach County throughout the month of March to read books to students. Following the readings, the store managers will donate the books to the schools.
Jack & Jill Children’s Center’s mission is to break the cycle of poverty for children of high-needs working families in Broward County. It does this through quality early childhood education, family intervention and support.
*Participant’s who donate a book at Hoffman’s Chocolates Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport location will receive a cup of ice cream. Toppings are not available
Today the Broward Center for the Performing Arts celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the Student Enrichment through the Arts (SEAS) program and 3 million students. Hoffman’s Chocolates Marketing Director, Lois Marino, presented Kelly Shanley, CEO of the Broward Center, with an amazing gift basket and a Chocolate Basketball Basket to the 3 millionth student, Eric Mehmi from Croissant Park Elementary.
Hoffman’s Chocolates loves to celebrate with organizations who support our community through wonderful programs like this. Click here for more information on the SEAS program.