Celebrate National Poetry Month with Gourmet Caramel Apples
Hoffman’s Chocolates is pleased to announce that it will be celebrating National Poetry Month in April by teaming up with the Jason Taylor Foundation to support the young poets of the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network.
Hoffman’s Chocolates will donate 10% of all of its Gourmet Caramel Apple sales during the month of April to the Jason Taylor Foundation. The Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network is an after-school spoken word poetry program serving students in South Florida Public Schools through the Jason Taylor Foundation.
“We are excited to once again partner with the Jason Taylor Foundation and celebrate National Poetry Month,” said Randall Vitale, President of Hoffman’s Chocolates. “We truly believe in the greatness of this program and have witnessed the importance poetry has in the growth and development of children.”
The caramel apples are available in the chocolatier’s eight retail locations in Palm Beach and Broward County. The prices of the caramel apples range from $6.75-$9.75, with a variety of flavors to choose from.
The Jason Taylor Foundation’s mission is to support and create programs that facilitate the personal growth and empowerment of South Florida’s children in need by focusing on improved health care, education and quality of life. In addition to setting up the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network, the Jason Taylor Foundation has also created the “Louder Than A Bomb Florida” competition. Dubbed the “Super Bowl of Poetry,” Louder Than a Bomb Florida features a friendly spoken-word competition between school-based poetry teams representing local high schools from Broward County, Miami-Dade and beyond.
On May 5th and May 6th, Hoffman’s Chocolates will celebrate Cinco de Mayo by offering special Ice Cream Tacos at its Plantation location in the Fountains Shopping Center. The Ice Cream Tacos are served in a waffle cone shell filled with two heaping scoops of ice cream and are topped off with the guests’ choice of unlimited toppings ($6.95).
Hoffman’s Chocolates has also joined forces with LIME Fresh Mexican Grill Cinco de Mayo celebrations being held on Friday, May 5th from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday, May 6th from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. At the event, Hoffman’s Chocolates will have a tent outside its store filled with activities like giant jenga and cornhole. Plus, the Hoffman’s Chocolate Wheel will also be there and can be spun to redeem prizes. Captain Hoffman might even make an appearance!
HOFFMAN’S CHOCOLATES, LIME FRESH MEXICAN GRILL AND THE FOUNTAINS PRESENT THE “#LTABFLA FOOD FOR THOUGHT” BLOCK PARTY TO BENEFIT THE JASON TAYLOR FOUNDATION, SUNDAY APRIL 2nd
WHAT: The Louder Than A Bomb Florida (#LTABFLA) Food For Thought Block Party Presented by Hoffman’s Chocolates, LIME Fresh Mexican Grill and The Fountains.
- The Food for Thought Block Party, an afternoon of live entertainment will include the Jason Taylor Foundation’s Louder than a Bomb Florida (LTABFLA) “Coaches Slam” poetry competition and will take place in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill at The Fountains Shopping Center in Plantation, Florida.
- The “Coaches Slam” is a poetry competition among middle and high school teachers from South Florida.
- The Block Party, will also showcase performances by up-and-coming artists, a live band and DJ, poetry from top South Florida high school students, dance performances, and interactive games for the entire family.
- The event is a part of LTABFLA’s 13-day festival, which takes place from March 27 – April 8 and features poetry bouts, workshops and exhibits that ultimately crowns Florida’s top youth poetry team.
- Throughout the entire month of April, Hoffman’s Chocolates will donate a portion of its Gourmet Caramel Apple sales to the Jason Taylor Foundation to support the young poets of the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network. LIME Fresh Mexican Grill will also make a monetary donation.
- A silent auction will also be held to benefit the Jason Taylor Foundation.
- LTABFLA (Louder than a Bomb Florida) is a Jason Taylor Foundation arts and education project that is part of the Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network and features a friendly spoken-word competition between school-based poetry teams across the state.
- The Omari Hardwick bluapple Poetry Network, is an after-school spoken word poetry program serving students in South Florida public schools through the Jason Taylor Foundation.
WHEN: Sunday, April 2nd 12 noon – 4 pm
WHERE: The Fountains (in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill)
801 S University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
DETAILS: The Food For Thought Block Party is free and open to the public.
Donate a Prom Dress at the Event to Benefit Becca’s Closet and Receive a FREE Taco from LIME and Scoop of Ice Cream from Hoffman’s Chocolates
WHAT: Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill, located at The Fountains in Plantation, team up to host an Easter-themed celebration.
- The fun-filled day of family-friendly activities will take place in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill at The Fountains shopping center in Plantation.
- Kids will have the opportunity to take photos with the Easter Bunny, and then the first 500 children will receive an Easter egg from the Easter Bunny.
- The eggs, available on a first-come, first-serve basis, will be filled with goodies and a voucher to redeem a plush toy from Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME.
- Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME will also be collecting prom dresses in support of Becca’s Closet, a non-profit organization that collects and distributes dresses to high school girls with financial need. Anyone who donates a new or gently-used prom dress will receive a voucher from LIME to redeem a free taco and a voucher from Hoffman’s Chocolates to redeem a free scoop of ice cream.
- Hoffman’s Chocolates will be stocked with Easter favorites such as scrumptious Dipped & Decorated Chocolate-Covered Oreos, Chocolate Easter Bunnies (available in different sizes), Gourmet Caramel Apples, foiled chocolate Easter eggs and other holiday treats.
- Before filling up on sweets, guests can stop at LIME to enjoy flavorful items like tacos, burritos, bowls and more.
WHEN: Saturday, April 1st 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
WHERE: The Fountains (in front of Hoffman’s Chocolates and LIME Fresh Mexican Grill) 801 S University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
DETAILS: The event is free and open to the public.
Just in time for Mother’s Day, Hoffman’s Chocolates has opened a shop in Plantation.
Plantation residents are in for a treat: Hoffman’s Chocolates announced the opening of its newest store this week in the city’s Fountains shopping plaza.
The 1,280-square-foot store, at 801 South University Drive, is the candy brand’s eighth location. It offers 70 types of chocolates and confections, and 24 flavors of ice cream. A grand opening celebration is planned for May 30.